Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe.

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Atomic

Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe.

Post by Atomic »

So, after my fifth trip to Home Depot to get MORE pressure treated lumber for the pool deck rebuild, and a couple of Deck Blocks, another couple of bags of sand, and the other three or four things that I always think of once I get there, it ALL fit in the Vibe with the front seat down flat.I LOVE THIS CAR! Anyhoo, what is the strangest or most unusual thing you've hauled in your VIBE?
05 Base Vibe, Abyss (also known as Black to un-Vibers)Auto, Power Pkg, 16" alu, 20% tint all around, Black powder coated roof rails (the anodizing didn't last in the sun)Member of S.A.V.E. (Secret Association of Vibe Enthusisasts)
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Well ive only had it like a week or so but I put part of a couch in the back. My friend had a L couch and the curved piece that connects the two straight parts he didnt want so i took it for my empty living room. Otherwise it would have to be my weird (removed) friends
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

well i carried a full sized mattres and boxspring on top of my vibe...but the question was in my vibe....does myself qualify. I think i can be quite strange sometimes
ColonelPanic

Re: (zionzr2)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by zionzr2 »does myself qualify. I think i can be quite strange sometimesHeh! I was going to answer this question the same way. By far, I'm the strangest thing that my Vibe has ever transported...
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
joatmon

Re: Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe. (Atomic)

Post by joatmon »

Kari

Post by Kari »

I hauled a futon to Indiana and then to Ohio while on the way to Michigan last month...the guys at Wal-mart didn't believe me when I said it would fit.
GenVibe Global Moderator
ZubenElGenubi

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

The strangest thing was 28 bags of black mulch...the drop effect was interesting, to say the least.
nitrovibegt

Post by nitrovibegt »

I put a trailer hitch on mine and pulled a 8ft x4ft uhaul loaded with my gf's furniture from connecticut to sprinfield illinois for her daughter in 20 hrs...avg 16 miles per gallon, on the way back without the trailer did the trip in 16 hrs and avg about 20 miles per gallon. I left on a friday night and got back sunday night....
2004 Vibe GT ,Shadow/Black has 64k now.Upgrades,Eibach springs,Injen CAI,Zex Wet Nitrous System 10lb bottle,Haas intercooled turbo, 100+ HP. Dyno w/ Nitrous at 296 to the wheel...stupid fast...it will beat any ones vibe on this website handsdown.7000 dollar investment.worth every penny.Progress Sway Bars,laser defuser,dual exhuast, brembo drilled rotors.New audio pics on cardomain...800 watt amp, 2 x 10" kickers, 4 mid, 4 tweeter mb quart premium...Eclipse Nav.Awesome..New 18" Montegi Jason
Vibe_dude

Re: Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe. (nitrovibegt)

Post by Vibe_dude »

Quote, originally posted by nitrovibegt »I put a trailer hitch on mine and pulled a 8ft x4ft uhaul loaded with my gf's furniture from connecticut to sprinfield illinois for her daughter in 20 hrs...avg 16 miles per gallon, on the way back without the trailer did the trip in 16 hrs and avg about 20 miles per gallon. I left on a friday night and got back sunday night....i could be wrong but is that really bad MPG's.......wow i just put over 2000 KM's on mine this month while on vaction..and i got around 38 or 39 average MPG's..my best was a tank that got me 42.5 MPG's.
LOVE THAT VIBE 2003 Satilite Silver auto.......188,000kms.2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer White 4.2 Inline 6 291hp auto.........156,000kms.
drunkenmaxx

Re: Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe. (desert_dweller)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

you found a red X in the dessert?
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Emerica13

Post by Emerica13 »

I see the pic, but (removed) is that? lol
2003 Shadow Vibe GT
nitrovibegt

Re: Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe. (Vibe_dude)

Post by nitrovibegt »

It is bad gas mileage, but i was towing 2000lb behind my vibe going 75 miles an hour for 1400 miles. then on the way back i was doing closer to a 100mph...j
2004 Vibe GT ,Shadow/Black has 64k now.Upgrades,Eibach springs,Injen CAI,Zex Wet Nitrous System 10lb bottle,Haas intercooled turbo, 100+ HP. Dyno w/ Nitrous at 296 to the wheel...stupid fast...it will beat any ones vibe on this website handsdown.7000 dollar investment.worth every penny.Progress Sway Bars,laser defuser,dual exhuast, brembo drilled rotors.New audio pics on cardomain...800 watt amp, 2 x 10" kickers, 4 mid, 4 tweeter mb quart premium...Eclipse Nav.Awesome..New 18" Montegi Jason
Mase

Re: Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe.

Post by Mase »

I had to haul two 6-foot long sub sandwiches from Subway. It completely violated my "NO FOOD OR DRINKS IN THE CAR" rule, but no one else could haul them.I had to put the rear seats down and lay the front passenger seat forward for them both to fit.
ZubenElGenubi

Re: Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe. (Emerica13)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Cool chupacabra pic!
redlava

Re: Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe. (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by redlava »

The strangest thing i have hauled in the Vibe would probably be last years dead Christmas tree. I'm still picking out the needles. I hate Christmas. The biggest thing I have ever hauled was a new 42" DLP television. It fit like a glove, I tell you what.The most crap I have had in the Vibe at one time was three end tables, a bookcase, a coffee table, my computer, and several boxes. Barely enough room for me to sit down.
pmh013

Re: Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe. (redlava)

Post by pmh013 »

I don't know if it's STRANGE, but it sure was FULL!

Attached files
2003 Satellite AWD Two Tone, traded off at 180,126 kmNow the (fourth) catalytic converter is someone else's problem Now driving a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan
Atomic

Re: Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe. (pmh013)

Post by Atomic »

I think you could have fit several 12 packs on top of those 24s.You still have some rearward view!Not quite full, eh?
05 Base Vibe, Abyss (also known as Black to un-Vibers)Auto, Power Pkg, 16" alu, 20% tint all around, Black powder coated roof rails (the anodizing didn't last in the sun)Member of S.A.V.E. (Secret Association of Vibe Enthusisasts)
kiribeth

Post by kiribeth »

SEVEN FOOT CARDBOARD BEAR. Touched the back window, had it's big old face right up next to me. My sister and I propped it up in a friend's yard at about 11 o'clock one night. Awesome prank since another friend was standing behind the bear...

Attached files
2003 Base Satellite Two-toneMoon and TunesTinted WindowsPinstripesCreative Zen Touch Mp3 Belkin TuneCast IIGrafxWerks decals: Gonzaga Blue and White
the_sarge

113 pineapples

Post by the_sarge »

113 pineapples! One of my wife's friends grows em. He had em in his truck which broke down on the side of the road. We threw em in the back of the Vibe and took em to where 'e sells em. Kept a couple for rum-drink purposes this weekend.
NUBlackshirts

Post by NUBlackshirts »

An absolutely HUGE painting for our front room. Folded the front seat down and the wife had to ride in back, but it made it home just fine.
'04 Frosty GT <---Click here!Tein S-Tech springs; Tokico HP struts;Progress rear sway bar; DC Sports strut tower bar;Scion TC wheels; K&N Typhoon intake;GG Racing ground wires; JAW voltage stabilizer;FilterMAG SS-250; Militec-1; Sirius Satellite Radio
michaelgt

Re: 113 pineapples (the_sarge)

Post by michaelgt »

I am not sure whether it was the two goats in the back (and 4 girls in the seats) or the stock tank (2'x2'x6') that I brought home from TSC. I am waiting for pictures. I will then psot.
rAERRK

Post by rAERRK »

Tons of stuff when we moved to our new house, anything/everything that would fit. Furniture, lawnmower, gardening stuff, lumber...The list goes on and on
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

where to begin...... These are all seprate times unless noted..........a dishwasher, washer, dryer and artificial x-mas tree(including me and two other people), mattresses, lumber, ford v8 engines, a 89(?) dodge shadow hood (don't know how) lol, live x-mas tree on top. i think thats all the strange stuff i haul more in my wagon then most people haul in there trucks
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
Ponyota

Post by Ponyota »

A new full size clothes washer in the cardboard box. It fit perfect with the seats down. Everyone that was working at the pickup area said it wouldn't fit. Then everyone that said it wouldn't fit, had crow for dinner.
Click on signature to view Ponyota on cardomain
gargoyle

Re: Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe. (pmh013)

Post by gargoyle »

Quote, originally posted by pmh013 »I don't know if it's STRANGE, but it sure was FULL!Well, if you needed more room we could certainly help "dispose" of some of that! (as long as it's cold!)
rAERRK

Re: Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe. (Ponyota)

Post by rAERRK »

Quote, originally posted by Ponyota »A new full size clothes washer in the cardboard box. It fit perfect with the seats down. Everyone that was working at the pickup area said it wouldn't fit. Then everyone that said it wouldn't fit, had crow for dinner. I love surprising people like that.Can't count how many times I've heard "wow, its bigger than it looks"
binary

Re: Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe. (rAERRK)

Post by binary »

Quote, originally posted by rAERRK »I love surprising people like that.Can't count how many times I've heard "wow, its bigger than it looks" Yeah I get that alot too.[rimshot]
McVibe

Post by McVibe »

I had to haul 32 whiskey and liquor boxes to school for a musical, I'll tell you, It was kinda strange pulling into the parking lot with that load.
2004 Vibe Base Cosmo Racing CAI (Orange) Eurolite Xenon Headlights, foglights, reverse light, Licence Plate Lights and Dome Lights:star: JVC KD-DV5100 Headunit 7" Sharp LCD 2 12" Legacy 500w Subwoofers 400w Legacy Amp Custom Bult Sub box 3 Pillar pod Gauges Painted Engine Cover Jom Billet Aluminum Stubby Anntena
Herb

Post by Herb »

I had bought all the materials for making this shelf and transported it in my Vibe in one trip. That includes all the lumber, and concrete blocks. I did sort of cheat at the time, the plywood was cut to 30" and was placed on the roof rack, everything else went inside. The 2X4s are 8' long and the fence posts were 6' long.Last fall I moved to a different location and dissasembled and moved the shelf in the same manner.On a slightly related note, I also stuffed about 20 long boxes of comics in my Vibe and it instantly lowered it for the time I had them in there.

Attached files
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
jmf2

Re: Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe. (Herb)

Post by jmf2 »

Nice shelf unit there Herb, i'm planning on building a deck next summer...north idaho makes a great vacation spot
Current car: 2011 Red Hyundai Elantra. Last Vibe: 2005 Fusion Vibe A/T, power group, moon and tunes, ABS, alloy wheels, window tinting, stone/bug shield. First Vibe: 2003 Salsa Two Tone, A/T, power group, totaled by my son in a rollover accident, 7-8-2004
jmf2

Post by jmf2 »

I actually didn't haul them, my wife and son did: four halves of large wine barrels, for landscaping. i still don't know how they did it!

Attached files
Current car: 2011 Red Hyundai Elantra. Last Vibe: 2005 Fusion Vibe A/T, power group, moon and tunes, ABS, alloy wheels, window tinting, stone/bug shield. First Vibe: 2003 Salsa Two Tone, A/T, power group, totaled by my son in a rollover accident, 7-8-2004
blake31

Post by blake31 »

a pinball machine
2004 Vibe Base auto, Shadow MonotonePower, Moon & Tunes, XBOX & 7" LCD monitorTRD cold air intake18" primax 922 mesh tuner rims w/Yokohama YK520 tires 225/40/1816" steel wheels w/Hankook I-Pike W409 205/55/16 winter tires20% tint rear, 35% tint frontClearshield deluxe paint protection, Aquapel, Hella horns
gargoyle

Post by gargoyle »

Check out the drop on the rear end! Here's why..... That's thirteen 4x4x8 pressure treated fence posts and ten 80 lb. bags of concrete!... and there's still plenty of room for more (although I don't know if it could take much more weight).The Vibe is truly a great SUV!
heha

Post by heha »

ive had a 5.5foot long dresser with two full size mirrors in there at one time. Ive had two full size doors, a crate full of rocks(for the wifes garden) thats about it
sometimes madness is confused with passion.......but is there any other way to live?
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Saw this on my way home from work the other day.What you CAN'T see is that, the second row seats are down, but there is someone crouched down on the boards behind the front passenger seat. So basically, one hard acceleration and that dude is flying out the back.And as for me personally...when I was in my last store, we had a real bad week once where we ran outta EVERYTHING! I had to go all over to pick stuff up. blah.

Attached files
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
joatmon

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »So basically, one hard acceleration and that dude is flying out the back. That guy is perfectly safe. It's a Vibe.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

hahahha exaclty joatmon,youd think they would bungie the hatch down
Jahntassa

Post by Jahntassa »

I need to get the pictures when i'm back at my other computer..but I had about $15,000 worth of computer hardware in mine... 3 servers, 3 network switches, a box full of cabling, and a KVM (Keyboard/Video/Monitor). Wasn't quite as full as some of what you guys had..but...You should see when I had the trailer on it.. that was fun.
2003 Vibe GT Lava"He inched his way up the corridor as if he would rather be yarding his way down it.""For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." - Douglas Adams...we all miss you
Dj_kulture

Post by Dj_kulture »

so do you people always take pictures of your cargo? and then just wait for a thread like this? I'm still new... so maybe I just haven't had that moment yet.strangest thing hauled so far.. my girlfriend... other that that, i'm still scared to put much of anything in it... want to keep her a virgin as long as I can.
2005 Base, A/T, Neptune (monochrome), STOCK (for now)
mcgusto82

Re: (Dj_kulture)

Post by mcgusto82 »

i knew i should've taken a picture of when i moved. i had a budget appliance hand truck tied on top of the vibe, and my two huskys in the rear hatch.The hand truck lossened up after 200 some miles. scratched up the rails' paint.
Jahntassa

Post by Jahntassa »

Quote, originally posted by Dj_kulture »so do you people always take pictures of your cargo? and then just wait for a thread like this? Something like that. Also as proof that our car is actually worthwhile at hauling large amounts of stuff to non-believers.
2003 Vibe GT Lava"He inched his way up the corridor as if he would rather be yarding his way down it.""For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." - Douglas Adams...we all miss you
gargoyle

Post by gargoyle »

Quote, originally posted by Dj_kulture »so do you people always take pictures of your cargo? and then just wait for a thread like this? Yeah, when you finally do load it up, and more and more stuff keeps fitting in than you thought was ever possible, you'll want to take a pic... because you won't think anyone will believe you when you tell them! Gotta have that photographic proof... kinda like when you spot Bigfoot or catch a 300lb. bass.
JenniRedd

Post by JenniRedd »

OK besides the adult toys i sell part time, I once went to pick up my sister who lives outta state and could not leave her dogs with her fiance so I packed her and her luggage ( she doesn't travel lightly) and her 4 adult Greyhound dogs in the back of my Vibe. Of course the backseats were down but wow it really put the space to the test.
Later, Jenni ReddJenni Redds 2005 Vibe: Silver with black interior. The seat covers and air freshner have the dragon surrounding the yin-yang. Besides that everything is all factory!! I will eventually do some customizing.
AZViking

Re:

Post by AZViking »

Not exactly something "strange", but it sure is strange to me buying all of this baby stuff. This is the travel system (stroller) we bought yesterday. In hindsight, I could have just folded down half of the backseat and stood it upright to make it fit, but it was the second 'big' thing we've hauled in the Vibe so far. And sorry about the quality of the pic (camera phone)

Attached files
2015 Kia Sorento 32,000 miles, 2010 Kia Sportage LX, 68,000 miles
the1stacekiller

Re: Re: (AZViking)

Post by the1stacekiller »

Too Bad I don't have any pics.. but I hauled a 200lb MTX-75 Transmission.. and lucky the vibe back is all plastic because I spilled Tranny fluid EVERYWHERE!Thankfully because the way the back is made the cleanup was sooo easy.Cheers
- 2004 Pontiac Vibe Base 2 Tone Grey Goodness -
CFD911

Post by CFD911 »

if this is strange or not, I am not to sure, but I hauled a hairdresser chair and all the cabinets and mirrors to go with it, got it for a friend in barrie, surprisingly it didn't drop the (removed) end that much.
tobermoryvibe

Post by tobermoryvibe »

I hauled 1000 satelite remotes for my rather strange brother in law.
Tom2005 Pontiac Vibe2003 Doda Dakota QC 4x42003 Honda 750 Shadow
PHXLavaVibe

Re: Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe. (tobermoryvibe)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Let me see here...all at one time I hauled a 1.5'x3'x5' metal 5-drawer filing cabinet, boxed artificial xmas tree, 6-pairs of old shoes, and an entire set of clear glass shower doors (including all hardware).I was taking it all off to goodwill and had to be extra careful during the trip making sure not to shatter the glass. Man ohh Man do I ever love those handy tie down straps!!! They have saved the rear window glass countless times!
2006 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER Overall...an amazing vehicle for my family and lifestyle!!! Thanks everyone for allowing me to stay on GENVIBE SPECIAL THANKS TO KAMIKAZE FOR THE NEW SIGNATURE
JustinVGT

Post by JustinVGT »

A couple weeks ago I carried 2 sails (over 350 square feet of dacron) and several boat cushions ranging from 5-7 feet long as cargo in my Vibe. I still love this car and it's going on 4 years old!
Justin 2003 Vibe GT - Mille Miglia Evo5 18x8 Wheels (now stock)- Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust (now stock)- Tein S-Tech Springs (now stock)- Injen CAI - Red Painted Calipers - Hella Supertone Horns - Polk Speakers - Bazooka RS8A-HP Sub - Kenwood Headunit - Still love my Vibe, but I've just turned it back into a basic daily driver.
binary

Post by binary »

10 TB (10240 GB) worth of data... to secure offsite storage.I'd post photos, but then I'd have to kill you.