Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe.

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (Dj_kulture)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Quote, originally posted by Dj_kulture »strangest thing hauled so far.. my girlfriend... other that that, i'm still scared to put much of anything in it... want to keep her a virgin as long as I can.Uh, pronoun trouble! So, is your girlfriend still a virgin? Or the Vibe?
scherry2

Re: (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by ZubenElGenubi »Uh, pronoun trouble! So, is your girlfriend still a virgin? Or the Vibe?LOL I was wondering that same thing....
pianomansam

Re: (binary)

Post by pianomansam »

Quote, originally posted by binary »10 TB (10240 GB) worth of data... to secure offsite storage.I'd post photos, but then I'd have to kill you.how would we "see" that data? or would you kill us for seeing the drives or disks that it was on? oh, btw, my mother-in-law. wait, i don't have one of those
2003 Two-tone White Vibe GT 6-speedSeveral other cars2005 Two-tone Neptune Vibe Auto (sold)
idontknowwhatimdoing

Post by idontknowwhatimdoing »

Dental chair....all 492 pounds of it....but now with the stereo, no room for even a pair of gloves.
Chop it channel it bag it...even a shopping cart can look coolerhttp://www.eblackdesign.com3/10/06 ... Thanks for the good times '03 Vibe GT ... The '05 Matrix XRS now has the honor.
TRDman

Re: Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe. (Atomic)

Post by TRDman »

I managed to stick my bike in the back (19 inch frame) and put a friend of mine in the passanger seat with the driver's seat all the way back. I also had a giant load of furniture in it (it looked strange, trust me). I'd have to say, though, that the all around nuttiest thing would have to be (like everybody else) putting 2 friends in there. I have nutty friends.
kostby

Post by kostby »

How's this for reviving an old thread? Yesterday I picked up a Craftsman 24" two-stage snow thrower from Sears. Had to take it out of the shipping carton, because the carton was 32" tall, but the '03 Vibe hatch is only 29.5" tall. As shipped, with the handle folded down, and without the snow discharge chute on, it fit easily, with plenty of room. I bungied the thing in place for the short trip home. Now I know I can transport it if I ever need to.Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
leemur

Post by leemur »

Revive away! I hauled an 8'- 3 "old work bench from work to home on the freeway 36 miles. It was hanging out the back about 2.5 feet all bungied in. Mainly it gets filled up with bags of lawn and garden clppings and aluminum cans. We did use it to move most everything when we bought a house. Olny appiances and beds went on a friend's trailer. In the 2004 Vibe.
2004 Fusion Orange, bought new R.I.P. 2009 Carbon Grey 2.4, bought new. 2004 Neptune bought used-2013
joejoev

Re:

Post by joejoev »

Over 300 lbs of prescription drugs. Animal poop. Animal blood and urine. Horse semen. Blood, blood, and more blood...boxes and coolers full of human blood. Human corneas, kidneys (singles and pairs), liver(s), skin grafts, bone grafts, and just bones. Infectious blood and urine.For the record I work at a same day courier service. I don't wanna be labeled as some kind of psycho.Oh, I once picked up a box of unlabeled cans at Detroit Metro Airport and had to deliver it to "Joseph Campbell Company" somewhere in Ohio. Kinda funny...It didn't click until I arrived at my destination. I was delivering a batch of mystery soup to the Campbell Soup Company.
leemur

Re: Re: (joejoev)

Post by leemur »

yeah, I was going with strung out horny animal loving vampire or kinky Dr. Frankenstein for a moment there Love the soup hauling. Wonder what kind it was and if it is on the market now.
2004 Fusion Orange, bought new R.I.P. 2009 Carbon Grey 2.4, bought new. 2004 Neptune bought used-2013
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Over $100,000 worth of video equipment... they didn't think it would fit in my car and I laughed at them. I could have easily fit *more*.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
09ultrawhite24

Post by 09ultrawhite24 »

I have hauled over 250 lbs of blueberries to a driscolls packing house in Florida. First harvest of the year in Florida, brought in a new 09 vibe 2.4L

Attached files
jkm311

Re: Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe. (09ultrawhite24)

Post by jkm311 »

Gotta love Driscoll's. Raspberries FTW!
Steelies to the rescue.
tribalman

Re: Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe. (jkm311)

Post by tribalman »

i'd have to say the oddest thing i've hauled in my vibe would be my vibe.
None. Vibe is gone.
lordvic

Post by lordvic »

I wouldn't say "odd" as i would say that the Vibe is a mini workhorse. I have carried things that nobody believes would ever fit in such a small vehicle.Last summer, temporarily moving while work was done on apartment, I needed to move a bunch of stuff. One load consisted of42" LCD TV (In original box)2 sets of hockey equipment60gallon Aquarium2 baskets of laundrymy computer with 2 LCD monitorsAll, while still having the passenger seat upright so 2 of us could travel.
2006 Vibe, Neptune Blue.
Mr Magoo

Post by Mr Magoo »

This is my friend's '04. This is what happens when you don't have a pick-up and barnyard animals.
2007 Salsa base W/Cladding, 2008 Platinum base W/Cladding Picture: http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...).jpg
oriden

Post by oriden »

all 6 of my airsoft rifles and all my gear to go with it!
engineertwin2

Post by engineertwin2 »

*Don't try this at home kids - I"m a professional*For my countertops, I hauled sixteen 80 lb bags of sakrete concrete. Lucky it was a short trip, but I could have FIT another 8 bags or so...
2004 Vibe GT Lava Monotone, Moon & Tunes PackageMods:Homelink17" TenzoR Mach 10s, Black w/ Red grooveTintFormer Cars: '87 Subaru DL, '99 Chevy Malibu (hated it)'99 VW Passat (like it), '99 Volvo S80 T6 (wet dreams are made of it)
ned23

Post by ned23 »

After a major windstorm knocked out power for a week here, I drove the vibe 250 miles away and picked up three, 5500-Watt generators from Costco. The guy at Costco who pushed the generator boxes out of the store insisted that they would not fit in the car. In fact, all 3 fit and I could have squeezed a 4th one in if I really wanted to. You should have seen the look on the face of the Coscto guy. His jaw hit the pavement.
ponta2147

Re: Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe. (Mr Magoo)

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by Mr Magoo »This is my friend's '04. This is what happens when you don't have a pick-up and barnyard animals. That is a fabulous picture.
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
jayman2009

Post by jayman2009 »

Wish i had pics of when i did this i moves a 454 big block for a buddy in the back of mine.
A Psycho Martyr

Re: Strangest thing you've ever hauled in your Vibe. (tobermoryvibe)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Again, like most here, this isn't too strange, but it sure was full!My sister-in-law wanted help getting my bro a tv for Father's Day. I say, " SURE! No problem!"We get to Wal-Mart and she's getting a 47" lcd....and a huge entertainment center for him.Ooops!!! I left the subs in thinkin I'd have room!The guy that helped us carry it out says, " ummmm....will it fit? You got another ride comin!""Hold on", I say, as I lay my seats down and push my box against the dash Fit it all in there and got pics to prove it!Box against the dash (on top of my folded down passsenger seat)View from the rearviewFilled that thang up!From outside the Vibe
lordvic

Post by lordvic »

Didn't get a chance to take photos cause it was 3am and my camera phones has no flash.emergency move. she had to get all her stuff into storage by this weeks. so saturday, spent 6 hours all night packing and moving. when all said and done, my car was full of a dresser, hope chest, 2 box springs tied to the roof, and 4 or 5 boxes. and the doors all still closed!that was a fun drive up the highway to the storage location.
2006 Vibe, Neptune Blue.
BlueVibe09

Post by BlueVibe09 »

Well I don't think it's that strange, but my vibe's got wood!

Attached files
2009 Base 1.8 L-Midnight Blue Metallic -35/20 Tint -SONY XS-GTX1620S 6 1/2'' Component Speakers-Boss Bass 1200 low-profile powered Sub -DIY Heavy-Duty Rubber Cargo Mat-JDM Short Antenna -Partial De-Badge-aFe Pro Dry S filter - 16" Konig "Incident" rims
Venron

Post by Venron »

I am a total noob to the forum, found it by searching the error code my monitor box showed for check engine light. This thread immediately caught my eye. I got a steal of a deal on 400 sq ft of reclaimed oak flooring at the local Habitat for Humanity Restore, but it had to be picked up that day. I brought my month old Vibe to the store, and they said, no way! Well of course, with the seats (including the passenger) folded down, there was plenty of room to spare! The other weird one was when I picked up the gas stove (full size with oven) that I found on Craigslist. I don't have pictures, because this has been a while ago (mine is a 2007, new in May of that year).
Best car ever!
Mariachi

Post by Mariachi »

thats a refrigerator. (removed). we had to take the doors off to make it fit but it sure as hell fit perfect in the car. honestly, most of my moving has been really easy with the vibe. friggin A this vibe is amazing for moving.
Zimm

Post by Zimm »

interesting things i have moved in my vibe recently:-4"x4"x8' pressure treated landscape timbers (this is when i learned that 8' is the max carrying capacity for my vibe, if i run it from the back driver's side, over the armrest to near the glovebox)-a triangular box containing the recently framed folded american flag memorializing my gf's father, who passed away in the early 80's and was a military vet.-16 105qt sterilite storage boxes + 48 7 quart sterilite storage boxes. i really should have snapped a photo, since the whole car was stuffed to the point where i had boxes stacked 2 high on top of the arm rest. but alas, it was raining, so i hustled the stuff into the garage.
'10 Black w/1.8L AutoAir/PW/PL/PM
A Psycho Martyr

Re: (Zimm)

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

Quote, originally posted by Zimm » i really should have snapped a photoI got a good mental picture and DANG did you pack that thing or what?
Zimm

Re: (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by Zimm »

in retrospect, driving the car that filled with junk was probably not a very good idea. only had to go about 5 miles, and i was jammed into the driver's seat because i had to move it up about 3 notches (i usually drive with it all the way back, seat moderately reclined.)
'10 Black w/1.8L AutoAir/PW/PL/PM