Pay It Forward Genvibe Style

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
ullbergm

Pay It Forward Genvibe Style

Post by ullbergm »

Ever hear of "Pay It Forward"?Quote, originally posted by Trevor »Trevor, the 12-year-old hero of Pay It Forward, thinks of quite an idea. He describes it to his mother and teacher this way: "You see, I do something real good for three people. And then when they ask how they can pay it back, I say they have to Pay It Forward. To three more people. Each. So nine people get helped. Then those people have to do twenty-seven." He turned on the calculator, punched in a few numbers. "Then it sort of spreads out, see. To eighty-one. Then two hundred forty-three. Then seven hundred twenty-nine. Then two thousand, one hundred eighty-seven. See how big it gets?"I have to be honest and tell you that i never read the book or saw the movie. I just think that it is a great idea and i thought we could give it a try here on GenVibe.I dont have anything fancy to give away but i do have a center console (driver armest, etc.) and it has a cig-lighter in it. Now if i remember correctly i read that the '05s (?) have the hole but not the plug.I also have a spare glove box but it may be scratched, i'll take a look later.UPDATE: The cig-lighter has been given away to ShadowRuleZ.UPDATE: The console and the glove box has been given away to Ponyota.I'm giving it away to anyone that wants it, i'll even pay shipping (within reason.. i cant affort to ship it across the world.. ) All you have to do is ask me and try to keep the spirit of Pay It Forward alive, either here on GenVibe or somewhere else. // Magnus -- Doing my part to make the world a better place.mods: Thanks for moving it to the correct forumedit: updated the fact that the cig lighter is taken.
Car: Two-tone Base Abyss, Moons and tunes, Power packageMods: 20% tint, Reflective Black GrafxWerks Overlays, German Hella Horns, Hardwired Valentine One, red interior dome lights, custom cargo floormat, police scanner, ham radio, cellphone kit and a bunch of antennas on topWishlist: Rubber floormats, million dollars
ToolGuy

Re: Pay It Forward Genvibe Style (ullbergm)

Post by ToolGuy »

Saw the movie and liked it. I also saw this on another auto site months ago, worked well. Pay It Forward, I believe in it...
damronjr

Re: Pay It Forward Genvibe Style (MiVibe-ToolGuy)

Post by damronjr »

Have and love the movie! Like the idea a lot too. I have a stock RSB, stock springs, stock M&T stereo and amp, stock speakers, and an extra VVTI engine cover(needs to be cleaned up of some paint, but otherwise in good condition) if anyone wants them. You pay the shipping, that's it, and they're yours.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
bud_one

Re: Pay It Forward Genvibe Style (damronjr)

Post by bud_one »

I'm intrested in the VVTI engine cover.... I've got a back cargo cover if anyone is intrested - pay shipping and it's yours.
ullbergm

Post by ullbergm »

cool.looks like i was right, we have a group of good people here. I may have a taker for the cig plug. i'll edit my post if i ship it off.maybe there is hope for the human race after all
Car: Two-tone Base Abyss, Moons and tunes, Power packageMods: 20% tint, Reflective Black GrafxWerks Overlays, German Hella Horns, Hardwired Valentine One, red interior dome lights, custom cargo floormat, police scanner, ham radio, cellphone kit and a bunch of antennas on topWishlist: Rubber floormats, million dollars
cohocarl

Post by cohocarl »

Quote, originally posted by ullbergm »I have to be honest and tell you that i never read the book or saw the movie. I just think that it is a great idea...I've seen the movie. Loved it. Wish more people in this world would practice this philosophy.
Sold 6/16/04 03 Vibe 5-speed, Hotchkis Sway Bars & Springs, Hooker Aerochamber, Panasonic Stereo, Hitch, Silverstars,04 Saturn Vue 2.2L Ecotec, 5-speed, 01 Stratus R/T Coupe 5-speed (wife's car) 85 Corvette 268 CompCam, 882 heads, FlatTops, 24lb injectors, Hooker Aerochamber true duals, 58mm TB, Holley AFPR, Siamesed intake base, Polished TPI.
ullbergm

Re: Pay It Forward Genvibe Style (cohocarl)

Post by ullbergm »

Quote, originally posted by cohocarl »I've seen the movie. Loved it. Wish more people in this world would practice this philosophy. I may have to go rent it now..
Raivis

Re: Pay It Forward Genvibe Style (bud_one)

Post by Raivis »

hey when u say cargo cover you mean the peace you strap onto the upper loops??? like the tonneanu cover??? if so im defently interested let me know
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
bud_one

Re: Pay It Forward Genvibe Style (Raivis)

Post by bud_one »

Yeppers, that would be the one....
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

can you check on shipping to zip code 23168
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
bud_one

Re: (Raivis)

Post by bud_one »

IM sent....
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Lemme make sure I got this right...the "spirit" here is Vibe parts at no cost (except maybe shipping) under the guarantee that the receiver does the same?If that's the idea of it, then this is an interesting concept...and sounds promising!I'll raid my Vibe stash tonight, I KNOW I got tons of stuff I can offer up...** ragingfish goes to blockbuster online and adds movie "pay it forward" to his queue**
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
ullbergm

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by ullbergm »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »Lemme make sure I got this right...the "spirit" here is Vibe parts at no cost (except maybe shipping) under the guarantee that the receiver does the same?exactlyQuote, originally posted by ragingfish »** ragingfish goes to blockbuster online and adds movie "pay it forward" to his queue**i'm going to do the same
ullbergm

Re: (ullbergm)

Post by ullbergm »

Quote, originally posted by ullbergm »i'm going to do the same Scratch that. Guess what's on TBS at 9:30 pm CST tomorrow?
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by ullbergm »Guess what's on TBS at 9:30 pm CST tomorrow? Go go Gadget TiVo!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
ullbergm

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by ullbergm »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »Go go Gadget TiVo! Lol. Same here. I couldnt imagine going back to watching commercials. I havent watched one of those in over a year (ok, maybe a few, but i could count them on one hand)Back on topic..I'm sending the cig lighter to ShadowRuleZ on monday.
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

I have the Vibe OEM horn for anyone.....
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

joatmon

Post by joatmon »

that movie's such a tear jerker.I do like Jane Siberry's version of Calling all angels at the end better than the Train version that got so much radio airtime
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

I'm gonna see what I have, probably not much but I'll check. Most of my car stuff is still @ my parent's house.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Update: Engine cover is gone to a new life with bud_one. Still have everything else. Will have more after tomorrow! Getting some new Top-Secret stuff for a really good price!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

hey what size are the stock speakers??? and are yours still in working condition???
damronjr

Re: Pay It Forward Genvibe Style (Raivis)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by Raivis »hey what size are the stock speakers??? and are yours still in working condition???They're the M&T speakers, 6.5" in the front and 5.25"? in the rear. They work fine. Just plug in your harness' and play away!I'll have to look for them. Haven't seen them in a while but they're around here somewhere.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »Update: Engine cover is gone to a new life with bud_one. Still have everything else. Will have more after tomorrow! Getting some new Top-Secret stuff for a really good price! I Can now divulge my Top-Secret parts as I now have them in my possession and no big-$$ guys like SCVibe or BlueCrush can steal them from me! I got a full Stage 1 Hotchkis set for $300!!! Brand new, still in the original shipping packages! A guy posted them on Craig's List in my area and I just happened to stumble across them one day. He wanted $500, so I emailed him and told him I would hand him $300. He said sure, but I had to wait until I got paid, so I didn't want to let anyone in on my little secret until I had it so no one could outbid me and get it. He said his roommate had bought it for his car, but then sold his car and moved out nd left the parts behind, so he just wanted to get rid of them and get some extra cash! I'm still trying to decide what to do with it. I was considering pulling everything I currently have on the car and putting it on, but I know it won't be as low any more. Plus I would have to pay for installation or wait for another MO meet down here. Anyways, that's the big secret. I'll keep you guys informed on what I end up doing.
SCVibe

Post by SCVibe »

[QUOTE=damronjr]I Can now divulge my Top-Secret parts as I now have them in my possession and no big-$$ guys like SCVibe or BlueCrush can steal them from me! LOL, Big-$$, hardly still saving up for my next mod (full tank of gas). But that Stage 1 kit sounds interesting....
Ponyota

Post by Ponyota »

What does the full Stage 1 Hotchkis set include?
Click on signature to view Ponyota on cardomain
damronjr

Re: Pay It Forward Genvibe Style (SCVibe)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by SCVibe »[QUOTE=damronjr]I Can now divulge my Top-Secret parts as I now have them in my possession and no big-$$ guys like SCVibe or BlueCrush can steal them from me! LOL, Big-$$, hardly still saving up for my next mod (full tank of gas). But that Stage 1 kit sounds interesting....I was just poking at you for the Ebay SC! Yeah, this kit is sharp. Everything is there, Street Kit Springs, Strut Tower Bar with Camber Plates, and front and rear Street Kit Sway Bars. All brand new. As of right now one of the bump stops has gone missing, but that is the only thing I have found gone. It was opened but still in the original packaging. The STB alone is over $400! Couldn't complain, and the guy is looking to see if he can locate the Bump Stop somewhere in the Apt.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Ha! Good one! Not necessarily big $$, just a good at getting deals andmaybe a little $. I wouldn't be going that far with my suspensionanyways. I will just be happy when I can get my dang springs on.Looks like you found a helluva deal. Congrats!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Ponyota

Post by Ponyota »

You got one hellofadeal Whats a bump stop? That thing on the struts?
Click on signature to view Ponyota on cardomain
damronjr

Re: Pay It Forward Genvibe Style (Ponyota)

Post by damronjr »

Yeah, just a rubber ring. Nothing big, even though I could imagine Hotchkis would try to charge me an arm and a leg for it!
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

BTW, I guess I was wrong. Technically it's a Stage 2 kit because the Stage 1 does not have the STB. That is the only difference.
PhillyVibeGT

Post by PhillyVibeGT »

I have a bug deflector(hood) from Weathertech. If someone wants it they can have it just pay the shipping. IMHO it does zero for the car.
04 GT Satellite Monotone17'' Fittipaldi Fins on Falkin Azenis ST115'sMoon and Tunes/Sirius Satallite RadioInjen CAI/Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust GM Top Spoiler/Debaged SilverStar Fogs "I wasn’t born rich, I’m good looking instead"
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

i have a stock antenna is anyone wants it jsut pay shipping its never been on the car just want to get rid of it
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »Have and love the movie! Like the idea a lot too. I have a stock RSB, stock springs, stock M&T stereo and amp, stock speakers, and an extra VVTI engine cover(needs to be cleaned up of some paint, but otherwise in good condition) if anyone wants them. You pay the shipping, that's it, and they're yours. Still have everything but the engine cover!
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

***GONE***
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ProVibe

Re: Pay It Forward Genvibe Style (BlueCrush)

Post by ProVibe »

I'll take the STB. As soon as I get my new vibe and take out anything I don't need I'll put my offers on here. I'll im you.
BlueCrush

Re: Pay It Forward Genvibe Style (ProVibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

***GONE***
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
BlueCrush

Re: Pay It Forward Genvibe Style (BlueCrush)

Post by BlueCrush »

***GONE***
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
BlueCrush

Re: Pay It Forward Genvibe Style (ProVibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

ProVibe, I IM'ed you back!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ullbergm

Post by ullbergm »

Just shipped off the center console and the glove box to Ponyota.
ProVibe

Post by ProVibe »

Man I would have loved those tuner lugs as well.
damronjr

Re: (ProVibe)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by ProVibe »Man I would have loved those tuner lugs as well.Beat you to them! I only have 19 right now, so I REALLY needed them, but if they don't fit or something I will be sure to contact you!
ProVibe

Re: (damronjr)

Post by ProVibe »

OK,Is there a specific size one must buy for the Vibe. I want to get some on eBay or at my local autoparts store, but I'm not sure if lugs are one size fits all in cars.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

They should be 1.5" long x .75" diameter and the thread size should be M12x1.5.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ProVibe

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by ProVibe »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »They should be 1.5" long x .75" diameter and the thread size should be M12x1.5.So these should work right?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33749The only thing I worry about is that my new wheels use a center cap so the lugs cannot be too long.He also has these listed, will these work. These are shorter so they fit under the center cap.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...66691
ArcsVibe

Re: Pay It Forward Genvibe Style (PhillyVibeGT)

Post by ArcsVibe »

Quote, originally posted by PhillyVibeGT »I have a bug deflector(hood) from Weathertech. If someone wants it they can have it just pay the shipping.How much for shipping to Montreal, Canada H8N 2A3? I am curious.....
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

For the first one, the size is correct but it only has 16 lug nuts and the Vibe requires 20.I wouldn't get the second ones. I would go with the regular length to make sure it holds the wheel on tight enough. You should be fine with regular length lugs using a center cap that covers them all.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
BlueCrush

Re:

Post by BlueCrush »

***GONE***
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
ProVibe

Re: Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by ProVibe »

Do CAI's come with the filter or is it an addon. I'm going to buy a Injen CAI soon just wondering
damronjr

Re: Re: (ProVibe)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by ProVibe »Do CAI's come with the filter or is it an addon. I'm going to buy a Injen CAI soon just wonderingThey come with their own filter, but if you want a different color then you may want to buy another one. The one with the Injen CAI is red if I remember correctly.
ProVibe

Re: Re: (damronjr)

Post by ProVibe »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »They come with their own filter, but if you want a different color then you may want to buy another one. The one with the Injen CAI is red if I remember correctly.Red should be fine since I'm getting a Salsa color Vibe. Which is still in transit to the dealer. First they said Thursday, from that it changed to Monday and now Wednesday. I'm getting realy upset.