My VIBE's been hurt!!!

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
slbpsi63

My VIBE's been hurt!!!

Post by slbpsi63 »

Well last night on my way home, the thing I hoped would never happen, happened. My Vibe was hit by a driver not paying attention to what he was doing. He was in the left lane I was in the right lane. He wanted into the Texaco gas station and I was in his way. He whipped his chevy trailblazer right into my front drivers side quater panel, hood and my front bumper. I'm okay but my vibe is hurting!!! What gets me more made is my wheels are coming into TODAY!!!!! Now I have to wait to put them on my car Car accidents such (removed)!!!
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
Mr. Poopypants

Re: My VIBE's been hurt!!! (slbpsi63)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Sorry to hear about the Vibe injury, but at least you are OK, that is always the most important thing.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
millster

Post by millster »

Sorry to hear about that! Hope you and your Vibe are back on the road in short order!
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
Mavrik

Re: My VIBE's been hurt!!! (millster)

Post by Mavrik »

yet another victim to the rising problem of idiots driving SUVs
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

That's no good! *sigh* Feel bad for you... Best of luck, and hope they can get you fixed up soon. But most importantly, you're OK! Hang in there...
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

please tell me they cited the (removed) off that guy?
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Jezter

Post by Jezter »

I say it time and time and time and time again...I HATE people drivers...
http://www.iz-grafix.co.uk --> Graphics forum, arcade, relaxed funhttp://www.reldesigns.com --> Graphic forum- Banners, Wallpapers, SotW
Viben' round

Post by Viben' round »

hey at least you didn't have your new rims on at the time of the accident! but glad you are alright.I had a near hit on my way to work this morning. Some guy driving a new Dodge Ram hit some black ice on a the mountain. We were going opposite directions, me going down hill he up hill. He started to fishtail so I went onto the shoulder to miss him bu a matter of a no more than 2 feet. I looked in my rearview to see him sideways and flipping over. the car behind me hit him in the roof I think. If I wasn't paying attention or driving a bit slower I would have had a hell of a wreck, but alas I got away with this one.But hey slbpsi63, glad to hear you are ok.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/485204 Mods: Lowes Mat in the trunk area, 6 1/2"Rockford Fosgate Fanatic P in the front, Pioneer 6 1/2" 3 ways in the back, JVC KD-LH810, Grafxwerks stuff, Chrome Lugs, Yakima Roof Rack, LandShark, LoadWarior, Bedmount Bike Rack (fits nicely in tracks) and BarrCrafter Snowboard racks
AzFusionGT

Re: My VIBE's been hurt!!! (Viben' round)

Post by AzFusionGT »

Glad to hear you are okay...that's the important thing. People who drive big ol' SUVs seem to think they own the road. Too bad my car gets twice the mileage for almost half the cost, AND I know how to drive.
2006 Saturn Vue Red Line -A Moose is on the Loose-1990 Toyota Camry LE-V6 - Katy the Camry -
Mavrik

Re: My VIBE's been hurt!!! (Viben' round)

Post by Mavrik »

Did you check and see if the guy was alright? I mean if that car hit his roof, ouch!
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

people also get impatient and distracted this time of year. I hate driving around through christmas shopping traffic. Hope they get it fixed up well and soon
slbpsi63

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by slbpsi63 »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »please tell me they cited the (removed) off that guy?Yeah he got a improper lane change violation = 4 pts on his license. He was a good kid, he told the cop I had no chance he just didn't see me. He was as honest as they come. That made the ordeal a little easier, if he would've been a (removed) I woulda had to kill him, LOL. Thanks everyone!! I'm glad I wasn't hurt too.
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
Viben' round

Re: My VIBE's been hurt!!! (Mavrik)

Post by Viben' round »

well to be honest with you I kept on my way, there were plenty of people behind the car that hit the truck that had to stop. I figured being I wasn't involved in the accident, and it happened behind me I wasn't needed. What I did however was warn the rest of the oncoming traffic that there was an acciden ahead by flashing my high beams ALOT.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/485204 Mods: Lowes Mat in the trunk area, 6 1/2"Rockford Fosgate Fanatic P in the front, Pioneer 6 1/2" 3 ways in the back, JVC KD-LH810, Grafxwerks stuff, Chrome Lugs, Yakima Roof Rack, LandShark, LoadWarior, Bedmount Bike Rack (fits nicely in tracks) and BarrCrafter Snowboard racks
Stang2Vibe

Re: (slbpsi63)

Post by Stang2Vibe »

Ouch! I hope everything can be fixed good as new slbpsi63! And I'm glad to see that everything has gone about as well as possible for you with this so far. He could have tried to blame you for the whole thing somehow. That is usually the kind of luck that I have.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.