Bad engine is out of the black 2004! Piece of cake after the first one!
Thanks so much for the backup! Ordering an Aisin water punp from RockAuto tonight. Would you go ACDelco 180F on the thermostat or Toyota? Do you agree Toyota is best for the gaskets and seals?
Had a friend over and since the engine overheated in the black 2004 he said I MUST do the following, what do you think? Anything else to consider so all my work doesn't go up in smoke?
- Replace radiator - duh! Nasty gunk in there...
- Flush heater box (hot water necessary?)
- Replace tranny fluid (not burnt but doesn't look good and may be metal shavings in there)
- Clean and reseal tranny pan
- New tranny filter if it's in there
- Blow tranny lines out with air
- Run for 50 miles and drain/fill tranny again.