New here! 2008 Vibe 5 Speed

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Fatpaul

New here! 2008 Vibe 5 Speed

Post by Fatpaul »

Hey y'all new to the vibe community and wanted to say hello!

I recently purchased my mothers vibe and have been doing some small work to it.

2008 Vibe
White
153xxx
5 speed, fabric, roll up wondows and manual locks, non monsoon system, stock 1.8 etc.

Mods
I just put in a pretty sweet system using a pioneer bt head unit (touch screen), Polk high end front speakers and JBL club series speakers in the back doors and a Rockford Fosgate P300 10 in the back. It sounds AMAZING! Incredibly I put this together with wire and everything else for less than 450$

I just purchased some Denso TT spark plugs that should go in next week aswell as new plugs. Does anyone know of a higher end plug to use? All comments welcome.

I was also looking into upgrading the stock air intake system to something like a cold air style. I saw some things over on Cosmo racing like the cold air and pulley crank system they sell. Has anyone ever used these 2 parts together? I'm curious what the benefit of the pulley would be, has anyone tried this product?

I was also looking at upgrading the suspension/springs etc. Any advice gladly welcome.

I upgraded the front headlights with a set I find on eBay that has a black housing around the stock lights and I also bought the silver star zxes for the bulb. I also bought new fog lights and miscellaneous plastic trim pieces.

I was looking for any sort of smaller shifter because the one in here is giant lol(nothing like my 04 cobra).

I will get some pics of the car cleaned up on Wednesday.

:mrgreen:
vibenvy

Re: New here! 2008 Vibe 5 Speed

Post by vibenvy »

Welcome to GenVibe! It sounds like you're off to a great start with mods! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ehoff121

Post by ehoff121 »

Welcome to genvibe!
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Welcome to GenVibe, Fatpaul!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

Welcome to the club. Iridium tipped spark plugs all the way, my friend.
2009 Vibe Base
Fatpaul

Post by Fatpaul »

Thanks guys!

Loving the car, my mom would drive back and forth to Alpine TX from Fort Davis TX so it has racked up some beautiful highway miles.

Next up in the list is window tint and a rear sway bar!

Should I do new plugs when I do the densos?
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

I'm assuming you meant: "should I replace the ignition coils when putting in the new Denso plugs." The ignition coils should throw a code or at the very least show some signs of failure when they are going bad according to my mechanic. I did my new Denso spark plugs at 90,000 and I'm now at 103,000 and going to put in fresh ignition coils soon. They are easy to do and its not like you have to tear anything apart to get to them. If you have the money, get new ignition coils and put them in at the same time as the spark plugs. If you are short on funds and the car isn't exhibiting any signs of ignition coil failure (rough idle, stalling), then you certainly can wait if you'd prefer.
Fatpaul

Post by Fatpaul »

That's what I meant sorry lol

What kind of ignition coils are you going to use?
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Well, wouldn't you know it.........I was all set to put in a fresh set of Delphi ignition coils GN 10341 when suddenly I get a call from Herko Automotive Group in Miami that they only have 3 left and that my order was not filled. They said they would get more in December. I'm doing it strictly from a preventative maintenance perspective so I'm not in any hurry. I only hope they provide them at the same price $117 for a set of 4, since that is FAR below what anyone else is offering. I normally would put in the Denso, but they are $70 or so on RockAuto and you have to add shipping on top of that. Delphi seems to offer a good product, so I'll wait until December. I've seen some other sets of ignition coils on ebay, but when I inquire about them, the seller tells me that "they are made strictly for us in China and are up to our strict manufacturing standards." I had to ask them since the part numbers they site are spot on for Denso, Delphi and Standard. I'm glad they at least answered my question truthfully. No thanks. No Chinese parts for my car.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe Paul :D Lots of members here from Texas. Update your profile showing your location. Looking forward to pics of your Vibe!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
Fatpaul

Post by Fatpaul »

Will get pics up asap!

Posting some stock parts for sale today!
Fatpaul

Post by Fatpaul »

I have the stock radio and all door speakers for sale, none of the speakers are blown and the head unit could use some tlc

I am also selling a stock pair of headlights that just need to be cleaned up

I also have 75ft of speaker wire

I was thinking about replacing the shocks/struts, what has everyone gone with?
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Welcome to GenVibe. :D
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
Fatpaul

Post by Fatpaul »

Got some pics up of the car!

All criticism welcome

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=45664
sideshowalan

Post by sideshowalan »

KYB for struts / shocks, that's how they come from the factory.

You can get better shifting feel by replacing the gear oil with Redline MT-90 and firmer shift bushings.
2008 Pontiac Vibe
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
(Former 2003 5-speed Vibe owner)