Intake help

Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan
silvervibeGT

Intake help

Post by silvervibeGT »

I have just recieved my Injen CAI for my 04 GT, I was told that if I made a post here you guys could help me out. I have not attempted to install it as of yet due to the weather on the east coast but I plan on installing it on Wednesday. I was told that the 04's+ GT have a smog pump on them that needs to be delt with. Also any other help or tricks about the install that you could share would be great. Thanks
04 GT, Mono Satellite 17's, the works!!Injen CAI
DjDoubleLP

Re: Intake help (silvervibeGT)

Post by DjDoubleLP »

What is it exactly that you want to know about the smog pump??
Got me a new car!!A 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS S/C!!Black w/ black leather interior
silvervibeGT

Re: Intake help (DjDoubleLP)

Post by silvervibeGT »

I was told by trdvibe that the 04 GT's have a smog pump that the 03's don't have and that I mite have trouble with that, but I haven't installed it yet so I don't know, they told me to ask you cause you have an 04 matrix and that you could help with anything I mite run inot during the install. Will the pump connect to the intake or what should I do with it, I didn't see anything about it in the instructions so I figured I would ask before I started it. Thanks for the help..
SWiRv

Post by SWiRv »

Here's the thread with my CAI experience. If you didn't get my IM, let me know and I'll repost.http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=10684
"... to boldly go where no one has gone before." 2004 Pontiac Vibe GTMonotone Salsa3M Hood Protector FilmSylvania SilverstarsInjen Cold Air Intake
silvervibeGT

Re: Intake help (SWiRv)

Post by silvervibeGT »

hey just IM'd you back, I left my e mail address so you could e mail me that way I can print out what you tell me, that will be easier for me if you don't mind, thanks again
DjDoubleLP

Post by DjDoubleLP »

Just make sure that you have the right intake also for the year of the car.......because the 04 Injen did have instructions on the smog pump in it.
Got me a new car!!A 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS S/C!!Black w/ black leather interior
silvervibeGT

Re: Intake help (DjDoubleLP)

Post by silvervibeGT »

ok maybe I missed it, but I did order the injen for the 04 XRS, it's a two piece intake. I'll look at it when I go home to make sure.
nismo

Post by nismo »

Is this the same case on the base model also. B/C i got mine yesterday, plannin on installin it on today.Inder Singh
2008 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo - Fun stuff under there somewhere 1998 Nissan Sentra - Sold2004 Pontiac Vibe - 107k and SoldCosmo CAI
wicked1981

Re: Intake help (TRD4reel)

Post by wicked1981 »

Quote, originally posted by TRD4reel »Is this the same case on the base model also. B/C i got mine yesterday, plannin on installin it on today.Inder SinghNo its not same. You should be fine. I have base 04 so if you need help let me know.
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP3.9L V-6 240hp and 241 lb-ft or torque18" Aluminum, five-spoke, flangeless200 Watt, 8 speaker Monsoon sysChrome dual exhaust tipsLiquid Silver MetallicBorla Custom ExhaustDr. Speed Cold Air Intake
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by TRD4reel »Is this the same case on the base model also. B/C i got mine yesterday, plannin on installin it on today.Inder Singhagain, everyone, please repeat after me:the base engine has NOT changed! ONLY the GT (2zz) engine for 04+if you have a base (1zz) engine this does not affect you in any way. in fact all the changes they've made do not affect you. ONLY, again i repeat, the GT (2zz) engines for 04 or newer.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
SWiRv

Re: Intake help (trdvibe)

Post by SWiRv »

Guys, don't worry! The smog unit is ONLY on the '04+ GTs. It's a contraption in the lower driver's-side bumper. From the CAI, there are couple hoses that need to be connected to it. Yes, the Injen CAI from the '04 Matrix XRS will fit fine and it is a 2-piece unit.From the sounds of things, it may be a good idea to get a mechanic or mechanically inclined friend to help you out. If anything, there has to be a genvibe member in your area that can help you out.
"... to boldly go where no one has gone before." 2004 Pontiac Vibe GTMonotone Salsa3M Hood Protector FilmSylvania SilverstarsInjen Cold Air Intake
silvervibeGT

Re: Intake help (SWiRv)

Post by silvervibeGT »

installed, thanks for the help everyone!
nismo

Post by nismo »

Hey man,I installed my CAI intake with no problems at all. Jus a lil hard to get up underneath cuz I'm so big. But other than that, it was goin fine. I dunno if the GT has the smog pump and mine didn't. I know there wasn't one from what I could see. So, you should be fine.Inder Singh
2008 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo - Fun stuff under there somewhere 1998 Nissan Sentra - Sold2004 Pontiac Vibe - 107k and SoldCosmo CAI
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

hey inder, the SMOG PUMP is on the 04+ GT models. the base doesn't have any of the other vacuum hoses or extra vsv valves either. very very different from the base engine.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by silvervibeGT »installed, thanks for the help everyone!good to hear! let us know how it all turns out.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS