go FLAMES go!!!!

Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan
AKLGT

Re: (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by AKLGT »

hey, it doesn't matter who's the biggest fan or for the longest time. what matters is that they win! and if i were tampa, i would not be celebrating just yet! the flames are suberb on the road! and yes, just like the vancouver series, they were victorious in the end!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Keely

Post by Keely »

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Poopypants »Bandwagon???? PLEASE, if you look back at one of my other posts you will see that I have been a fan for over a decade. Through good times and VERY bad times.Hey, I'm glad to hear that. I guess that since you've been through all the very bad times, you're not actually taking it as a personal affront and getting bitter that the Flames lost that game - you must have meant something else. If the worst happens in Game 7, I'm sure you also won't be ranting about how terrible it is that they let you down and how bitter you are. I'm sure of it because if you've been bleeding for the past 7 seasons that they didn't make the playoffs, daring to hope during the last 28 games of this season as they fought to even make the playoffs, delighted to finally watch them in a playoff series, daring against all odds to believe as they knocked off favorite after favorite... you could only be loving this ride the team's on right now - win or lose.
keely dunn
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Goooooooooooo FLYERS!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Mavrik

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »Goooooooooooo FLYERS! oh hush you this is a go flames go thread
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Mr. Poopypants

Re: (Keely)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

I was bitter at that goal that should have been was not being reviewed. I have faith in Calgary that they will win in Tampa. And I will be sitting there, on my couch, in my Theo Fleury jersey rooting them on the whole way.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

I'll be cheering for them as well - wearing my Bruins jersey. I'm still a Bruins fan first, Canadian team fan second.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
AKLGT

Re: (Sputnik)

Post by AKLGT »

LOL. well unfortunately i won't get to watch the game since i'll be at work and then on to the gym. hopefully i can see highlights of tomorrow's game... and will be wearing red in support!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Keely

Post by Keely »

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Poopypants »I was bitter at that goal that should have been was not being reviewed. I have faith in Calgary that they will win in Tampa. And I will be sitting there, on my couch, in my Theo Fleury jersey rooting them on the whole way.Well, why didn't you say so in the first place! NOW you're making sense!!!It was a tough call, but one they got wrong. I'm sure they reviewed it "upstairs" right away as Campbell said, but the fact is it happened so fast that one of the players realized there was an issue, none of the coaches, and none of the referees. Therefore, they didn't go upstairs to ask. Had they done so, there would have been a lot more controversy now, even though the result ended up being the same in the end. (I think they would have stuck to the "inconclusive" story, even though it looks pretty darn conclusive that Khabibulin's pad was on the ice, the puck was against his pad and there was white between the puck and the goal line.) I have a lot more sympathy for officials (being one myself) for missing an "objective" call that's extremely close, than those that make subjective calls (holding, interference, etc.) and make poor decisions there.The good news is that the Flames put it behind them before the game was even over.Speaking of putting things behind, now that I understand what you're bitter at (a missed call vs. a team losing purely on their own merits), I think we can put that behind us too.
keely dunn
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Okee Doke!! GO FLAMES GO!!!
slbpsi63

Post by slbpsi63 »

I thikn that was one of the best games I've watched this playoff. Every mistake was taken advantage of, every hit was bone crushing and evey goal was awesome. One thing I think can be said is that Tampa has finally figured your trap out. That is what was giving Calgary the edge in this series. Tampa has slowed it down and made more accurate passes the last game and the final period of game 5. If that is the case this is going to be one hell of a game 7!!! Hell no matter what game 7 is going to rock. Go Lightning!!!
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
POLO

Re: (slbpsi63)

Post by POLO »

GO FLAMES GO,the lighning have eliminad the canadian,so i don't want that they win.A little out subject,do you see the chiks cleaning the ice at the last game,game six,yes baby go FLAMES GO...
Mavrik

Re: (POLO)

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by POLO »GO FLAMES GO,the lighning have eliminad the canadian,so i don't want that they win.A little out subject,do you see the chiks cleaning the ice at the last game,game six,yes baby go FLAMES GO...The slender brunnett with her slim waist showing? I saw that chik.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
AKLGT

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by AKLGT »

*ahem* boys! *rolling eyes*
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Ahh you gotta love 'em western girls LOL I really hope the Flames can dig deep and pull a nice win for their well deserving fans. All I am hoping for is that it is a clean well fought battle.Go Flames Go!
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

Mr. Poopypants

Re: (ArcsVibe)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Quote, originally posted by ArcsVibe »Ahh you gotta love 'em western girls LOL They are much better than the girls the Penguins have, my god, they are all pitching wedges...........they look good from 100 yards.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

ever see the movie "a league of their own" about the women's pro baseball league? and marla hooch is the big hitter that is very ugly... so on the ads for the league you see all the women close up because they are pretty. then there's marla... way out in the field and the announcer says, "and marla... boy can she hit!" LOL!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Keely

Re: (POLO)

Post by Keely »

Quote, originally posted by POLO »GO FLAMES GO,the lighning have eliminad the canadian,so i don't want that they win.A little out subject,do you see the chiks cleaning the ice at the last game,game six,yes baby go FLAMES GO...Actually, no, this is completely "out of subject". There's this nice sub-forum on Genvibe called "Off Topic". Take this kind of T&A crap there and off this thread, please and thank you.
keely dunn
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by slbpsi63 »I thikn that was one of the best games I've watched this playoff. Every mistake was taken advantage of, every hit was bone crushing and evey goal was awesome. One thing I think can be said is that Tampa has finally figured your trap out. That is what was giving Calgary the edge in this series. Tampa has slowed it down and made more accurate passes the last game and the final period of game 5. If that is the case this is going to be one hell of a game 7!!! Hell no matter what game 7 is going to rock. Go Lightning!!! yes, regardless of who wins the cup, this has been just a phenomal series! both teams played top notch no doubt. but still...GO FLAMES GO!!!!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Keely

Post by Keely »

Quote, originally posted by slbpsi63 »...One thing I think can be said is that Tampa has finally figured your trap out. That is what was giving Calgary the edge in this series.I don't think that's accurate. It's Calgary's forecheck that has been the difference, as for most of the game they send one deep to pressure the puck-retrieving defenseman, and then a second on the off-wing to pick up the outlet board pass where it usually goes in reaction to the first forechecker. The Flames only trap when they haven't had a chance to set up the forecheck (i.e. a line change en masse) or they decide to shake it up to throw off Tampa (which they did to great effect in Game 1), and that's just solid coaching.By the same token, Tampa's greatest offensive success has come the same way, bringing forecheckers with speed (the OT goal in Game 6 was off a turnover). They've been doing this more and more as the series has gone on.I believe the single biggest difference between the teams is odd-man rushes. Calgary gives them up very seldomly, Tampa more often. Calgary doesn't execute as effectively as Tampa does (just check their deadly power play), and that's why the series is close. As a team, Tampa is less defensively responsible than Calgary - the defensemen tend to pinch at very risky times, forwards don't always backcheck or we just beat the backcheck with speed. In sum, I think Tampa will will tonight if they can buckle down on their transition defense and forecheck aggressively. On the other hand, Calgary will win if they can continue to forecheck aggressively as well as execute on the opportunities given (and hit the frickin' net!). Of course, all that goes out the window if either goalie doesn't have a Vezina-calibre night.This time, I hope a Bourque-like figure calls one of our players before the game. Does anyone know Gretzky's cell number?
keely dunn
Pablo1669

Post by Pablo1669 »

sorry about your luck Calgary
-Brian
slbpsi63

Re: (Pablo1669)

Post by slbpsi63 »

Well its been one hell of a series. Its been great chatting with you guys from the north. Your team played their arses off, Habby masde some saves tonight that were unreal. WOOO HOOO!!!! THE LIGHTNING HAVE THE THE STANLEY CUP!!! CAN YOU FREAKING BELEIVE IT!!!!
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
Keely

Re: (Pablo1669)

Post by Keely »

Quote, originally posted by Pablo1669 »sorry about your luck CalgaryThanks Pablo. Full congratulations and credit to Tampa Bay. They played a fantastic Game 7 and fully deserve the Cup.Don't have much else to say other than that - still wiping away the tears.
keely dunn
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

sad sad i know. but still what an outstanding play off series! calgary just came out of nowhere and made it so close! even with the loss, they come out heros in my eyes! congrats to the lightning for a superb ending! great job and good win to tampa!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by Keely »Don't have much else to say other than that - still wiping away the tears.Same here...
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Keely and all Flames fans keep your heads up! They never gave up and fought till the end. Congrats to to Bolts for their Stanley Cup win, they are a very talented team.
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

Mr. Poopypants

Re: (ArcsVibe)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Great game, great playoff run. Congrats Tampa. We still have next season (if there is a next season).
Keely

Post by Keely »

Schucks, just when I get the tears out of my eyes, I read about the rally (which I had to miss as I was out at Priddis working for a client):TSN.ca story: 30,000 show up for Flames rallyI've never felt so terrible about my team's loss and yet so happy at the same time. This has been a truly special time for the Flames and their fans - 1989 doesn't even come close to where we are now.
keely dunn