Tip for buying from US websites / catalogs

Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan
Crabbycrab

Tip for buying from US websites / catalogs

Post by Crabbycrab »

*edited to make this post a more general tip for everyone in Western CanadaHi all,I live in lower BC and I work just across the border in the US. The business I work for mainly does receiving for Canadians who order products from the US to save money, then have them shipped to us to save on shipping. Then they just drive down and pick up their goods.So much of what we receive is auto stuff; The Tire Rack, JC Whitney, Summit Racing, Ohlins, Ebay, Amazon, the list goes on and on.I wanted to put the idea out there to potentially save my fellow GenVibers some bucks.If you live near-ish a border crossing, check out the city just across the border for shipping and receiving places. They'll charge you a little to receive packages, but suffice to say it will be substantially less than international shipping. Plus stuff is so much cheaper down there, and with our strong dollar there are great deals to be had everywhere. There's always a chance of having to pay taxes or duties at the border, but in a lot of cases it still winds up being cheaper, and in a lot of cases the Customs guys just wave you right on through.
New and improved (png) signature.