non-genviber BC vibe stolen

Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan
joatmon

non-genviber BC vibe stolen

Post by joatmon »

http://www.langleyadvance.com/....htmlQuote »Dear Editor,I have a cautionary tale for you.Yesterday morning my husband went out to warm up the car so he could take his daughter to work. When I looked out the window a few minutes later, it was gone.To make matters worse, we discovered that we were the fourth car stolen that morning.The police believe that a ring of people is targeting the Langley (Walnut Grove) area. The thieves are stealing cars as they are being warmed up by their owners. They drive that car to the next car (believed scouted out by someone else), steal the contents of the first car, and move on in the next car.We live on a quiet cul de sac, the last place you would expect to find car thieves.They drove the first stolen car into our neighbour's driveway, transported some stuff to our car, backed out of the driveway (hitting the neighbour's car), and merrily went on their way to the next victim.We know one of the thieves is woman with long, dark hair. She drove off with our car, a charcoal Pontiac Vibe.For us, the loss of the car was nothing compared to the loss of our daughter's skating bag, a bright red metal box on wheels.She has been skating since she was two, and is on the junior ladies provincial figure-skating team. Her skates are worth more than $1,500, but are of no use to anyone else, as they are custom fit.The car thieves keep your keys, so you must change all the locks on your house.I assume it was not anyone here because of the quote:"the loss of the car was nothing compared to the loss of our daughter's skating bag, "
star_deceiver

Re: non-genviber BC vibe stolen (joatmon)

Post by star_deceiver »

This news doesn't surprise me.... if you're fool enough to leave your car running, unlocked and unnatended then you deserve what you get... That's my 2 cents!Sucks that it happend but the Greater Vancouver area is a haven for car theives. That and the fact that there's basically no enforcement/punishment for car theft.... a fine and probation is the norm for the captured!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
jake75

Re: non-genviber BC vibe stolen (star_deceiver)

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »This news doesn't surprise me.... if you're fool enough to leave your car running, unlocked and unnatended then you deserve what you get... That's my 2 cents!Sucks that it happend but the Greater Vancouver area is a haven for car theives. That and the fact that there's basically no enforcement/punishment for car theft.... a fine and probation is the norm for the captured!NASTY!!!I left my the T&C that sits outside running for 20 minutes late this afternoon to get the battery recharged and thaw it out. It is in the driveway behind my house so I felt safe doing that. I think the crooks are looking mostly for those going to work in the morning doing that. So I too am a "fool" and deserve to get my car stolen.When I was a teenager (circa late 50's) we had a 1955 Chevy - ignition was such that you didn't have to use a key to just turn it to "off". We never used a key. A transient stole it and didn't realize this - went to all the trouble of hot wiring to start it. Fortunately he was caught by the police within two blocks. We didn't even have a key to our front door. The joys of living in a small town in that era.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

Remote car starter and this wouldn't be an issue so i agree if you leave your car unattended with the keys in the ign, your just asking for it to be stolen. Don't know about in BC Canada but around my neck of the woods you can be ticketed for leaving an unattended running car.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
waveresponder

Post by waveresponder »

haha, if i had extra time on my hands and could get away with it i'd start by taking cars that people leave running at gas station and convenience stores, especially the ones who have that "i'm better then everyone else" mentality and park in the spots that say no SUVS/Trucks......pottstown sounds like a good area for me to start leaving them...only problem is how the heck am i gonna get back home loli'd also ticket them on top of it like Keith said
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

I disagree with saying "they deserve it". Leaving your car with the keys in it running isn't smart. Yea they made it easy for them. But no one deserves to have their "stuff" stolen from their own property.
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
jake75

Re: non-genviber BC vibe stolen (keithvibe)

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »Remote car starter and this wouldn't be an issue so i agree if you leave your car unattended with the keys in the ign, your just asking for it to be stolen. Don't know about in BC Canada but around my neck of the woods you can be ticketed for leaving an unattended running car.Yeh - it is a lot easier (and safer) task for the cops to ticket somebody for leaving their car unlocked and running than actually trying to catch the thief.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
03VibeOttawa

Re: non-genviber BC vibe stolen

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

I'm pretty sure the insurance company wouldn't cover the theft if the keys were left in the car. That's enough of a deterrent for me to stay with my car.
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
KITT222

Post by KITT222 »

Remote car start, and a block heater. The engine is already warm, and so you can turn on the heat with the push of a button. I don't feel safe leaving my car unlocked and unattended. Heck, I lock it when it's in the garage!
keithvibe

Re: non-genviber BC vibe stolen (jake75)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by jake75 »Yeh - it is a lot easier (and safer) task for the cops to ticket somebody for leaving their car unlocked and running than actually trying to catch the thief. There wouldn't be a theft if people didn't leave their cars unlocked with the keys in the ign. So if you are one of those people Jake75 that does leave their car running and then go back in the house.... I have no symphony if your car does get stolen.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
jake75

Re: non-genviber BC vibe stolen (keithvibe)

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »There wouldn't be a theft if people didn't leave their cars unlocked with the keys in the ign. So if you are one of those people Jake75 that does leave their car running and then go back in the house.... I have no symphony if your car does get stolen. I never cared that much for the symphony anyway - I am more of a Country Music kind of guy!
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

dame auto correct
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Quote, originally posted by jake75 »NASTY!!!True, nobody deserves to get their car stolen but if you give thieves an open invitation... Just get a second key made... even if it doesn't work in the ignition it'll still work in the door!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
jake75

Re: non-genviber BC vibe stolen (star_deceiver)

Post by jake75 »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »True, nobody deserves to get their car stolen but if you give thieves an open invitation... Just get a second key made... even if it doesn't work in the ignition it'll still work in the door!Most of us suffer from the "it won't happen to me" syndrome.