Moving to Calgary!! Window Tint Question

Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan
dennisdrive

Moving to Calgary!! Window Tint Question

Post by dennisdrive »

Hello everybody on the AB forum,I will be moving from Toronto to Calgary and had a few questions with regards to the window tint. I have a 04 base vibe ,salsa red with 30 % tint in the front windows and 20% in the rear. Should i get the front tint removed before moving to Calgary? I have read in some Calgary forums that cops are strict with regards to front window tint. Also that when i will be getting the out of province inspection , they will not pass it unless the front tints are removed. All feedbacks are appreciated. Thanks.
2004 Salsa Base ATPower PackageSports Package Rear Mid gate & Upper Spoiler.
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

They usedto be very strict...to the point of ripping tint off right then and there. Lots of people driving around with it but better to be safe than sorry.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
kunkstyle

Re: (Celtic_Curse)

Post by kunkstyle »

Last I checked in alberta you couldn't have anything darker than factory tint (that was years ago mind you). That said, there's hundreds of auto tint places here. The 5-0 isn't as strict as they used to be though. They don't have time to fight crime here, let alone tint offenders. If it's not a traffic violation they can catch with a radar or a camera, chances are you won't get nailed for it. I'd go one of three routes:1) take it off, get the inspection, put it back on. 2) take it off, leave it off (if you're worried about a ticket).3) leave it on. Chances are the out of province inspection will be conducted by some 17 year old drop out, he'll make sure your tires aren't worn, the horn and windows work, and there's not any rust holes large enough to pass small children through. If they say take the tint off, it'll be cheaper to take it off and go back for a re-inspection than to re-tint if you don't need too.If you want, I can give you the name of where I got mine done. When I took the 911 in for the inspection the reverse lights didn't work, but they still passed me because they couldn't sell me parts for it PM for details if you wish. Congrats on the move. It's a nice part of the country, although you'll find a lot less liberal supporters out here
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
dennisdrive

Re: (Celtic_Curse)

Post by dennisdrive »

Thank you for the advice , I have taken the tint off from the front windows and will leave it that way. Going the safer route since I have heard stories that on the highway RCMP give you a ticket for tints.
dennisdrive

Re: (kunkstyle)

Post by dennisdrive »

Thanks for the various options you provided. As you can read from my previous post i have taken the tint off . BTW can you email me the inspection place address where u got your 911 inspected. I would appreciate that. I can be reached at williamwei72@gmail.com. I am looking forward to arriving in Calgary. Hopefully we will get to meet if there is any Vibe meets.