Arachnid wrecks BC Vibe

Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan
joatmon

Arachnid wrecks BC Vibe

Post by joatmon »

http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/30336054.htmlQuote »Spider sparks Superbox smashBy Fred Davies - Parksville Qualicum Beach NewsPublished: October 03, 2008 12:00 PM Updated: October 03, 2008 12:53 PM Delivery to your door might seem a convenience but a Friday morning accident left one Parksville couple wishing the mail had had been left by the curb.At approximately 9:30 a.m. the residents at 534 Pym Street were shocked when a car took out a Canada Post Superbox, before crashing through a fence and into their front yard."It was a little bit of a shock," said Ellen Forsey of the collision that saw a red Pontiac Vibe with two male occupants slam into the mail box then push it through a hedge and fence stopping only after both vehicle and box smashed into another fence on the opposite side of the yard."I was in the kitchen writing a grocery list when I heard a big huge bang," she said. "He brought the mailboxes through my yard. Nobody was hurt that's the main thing." Police at the scene said the crash was result of of a momentary lapse in attention."It appears there was an arachnid inside the vehicle," said Oceanside RCMP Cpl. Paul Voisine. "His attention was drawn away from the road for a very short period of time." No one was injured and police are considering charges for driving with undue care and attention against the driver, a resident of Parksville.

Attached files
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

BWHAHAHAHAHATruly an igget that deserved to get their car smashed up... if a simple spider took their attention away from driving, he shouldn't even have a drivers license.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
joatmon

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by joatmon »

I don't know man, up there they've got those death archer spiders, about the size of the air vents in a vibe, spit venon like a cobra. If I saw one of them climb out of the defroster I know I'd at least have to shampoo the seat
keithvibe

Re: (joatmon)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon » I know I'd at least have to shampoo the seatHAHAHAAt least i would hope you could stop the car first... I could understand if this person was on a expressway but they apparently were on a back road or in a neighborhood. so they couldn't have been going more than 30mph. how hard would have it been to stop the car?
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Herb

Re: Arachnid wrecks BC Vibe (joatmon)

Post by Herb »

Well I guess it depends where in BC you are. I found some live Black Widow spiders in Kamloops on more than one occasion
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
Vibe_dude

Post by Vibe_dude »

Hey just think of all the ppl who freak out over a bee or hornet in the car.The pic shows that the car is a real mess.and like you said could not be going more than 30 kms/h..does not look to be as tough as the older vibes.
LOVE THAT VIBE 2003 Satilite Silver auto.......188,000kms.2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer White 4.2 Inline 6 291hp auto.........156,000kms.