Alberta meet, anyone interested?

Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan
Herb

Alberta meet, anyone interested?

Post by Herb »

I just wanted to gauge the level of interest of an Alberta meet. I've never attended one before, but I do remember the frequent postings when there were alot of them.If there's sufficient interest then I suppose we can decide where and when.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Sure when and where?
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
Herb

Re: (Celtic_Curse)

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by Celtic_Curse »Sure when and where?I'm thinking when it warms up a bit. Maybe in the spring?As for where, maybe I'll wait till we get a few more responses and see what the consensus is.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Cool I'll wait till then.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
kunkstyle

Post by kunkstyle »

Count me in
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
thallanor

Re: Alberta meet, anyone interested? (Herb)

Post by thallanor »

I would be interested in attending an Alberta meet, though I do not yet own a Vibe. I am getting some bodywork done on my trade-in and will then be picking something up within the next one or two months, I hope. Most likely a 2009 Vibe AWD.Would be great to meet other owners, as I've been in a few local clubs for different vehicles.
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Any dates yet? Us Calgary crew could probably get together anytime.
Herb

Post by Herb »

Well I think a Calgary one would be nice and convenient for me.Anyone have any dates in mind?
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Prefereably on a weekend where its stopped raining lol.
thallanor

Post by thallanor »

I hear ya about the rain. Went on the 2008 Edmonton Z Club cruise last weekend and it was raining and foggy most of the day. Still enjoyed it though!
kunkstyle

Re: (thallanor)

Post by kunkstyle »

How does the weekend of june 27th look for everyone?
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
Herb

Re: (kunkstyle)

Post by Herb »

I'm game, but my Vibe is far from show room shape after the accident. On the plus side it will be repaired. I have an appt scheduled at the body shop on July 16th. They'll need it for 2 weeks and as a plus I'm getting my spoilers painted and installed as well.
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Herb you and I need to meet yours sound cool and I want to see it. Mine goes in on the 5th of Aug. Here's hoping for a fast turn around.
Herb

Post by Herb »

How bad was the damage? You have any photos?
Herb

Post by Herb »

Do you know when your Vibe will go in the shop?Maybe we can do a meet after your Vibe is repaired. Mine is almost fixedThis is what it looks like so far: Just waiting on a few more parts
Celtic_Curse

Re: (Herb)

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Would love to meet up. Mine should be back either this Friday or Monday, then I've got to put my GXP label back on and she should be good to go. I didn't realize yours is a 03 GT lots of power. I need to get my scoop re-glossed as its showing wear and tear and I took the Pinstripe off now. Yours is looking great I read your other post...who did the work?
Herb

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by Celtic_Curse »who did the work?CMP Classic in the NE. I thought a dealer would be better. Though I think I might have to expect things won't be perfect.
Celtic_Curse

Re: (Herb)

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Thats where I bought my car. I had them fix the car once I think it was for the lighter recall. When I got the car back they didn't bother to attach the gear shift cover back on, it was just sitting on top so I fixed it my self. Ever since then I take my car to Country Hills Toyota, way better work and cheaper.
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Well I just got hit again!!! I just got the car back and this time at a red light the driver infront of me had the car in reverse for some reason and when the light turned green guess where his bumper ended up. The drivers in this town are ridiculous!! My brakes held his 83 Olds Cutlass from pushing me into the guy behind me but his wheels were squeeling aginst my car until her realised he was in the accident and stopped. So another month with out the car. Can't drive it on the highway cause the hood won't fully latch down.Sucks to be me.
bull77

Post by bull77 »

that sucks --- getting hit by a boat lots of damage? pics?
Mavrik

Re: (bull77)

Post by Mavrik »

and I thought anchorage drivers were bad. (waiting for the first snow fall)
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Herb

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by Celtic_Curse »Well I just got hit again!!! I just got the car back and this time at a red light the driver infront of me had the car in reverse for some reason and when the light turned green guess where his bumper ended up. The drivers in this town are ridiculous!! My brakes held his 83 Olds Cutlass from pushing me into the guy behind me but his wheels were squeeling aginst my car until her realised he was in the accident and stopped. So another month with out the car. Can't drive it on the highway cause the hood won't fully latch down.Sucks to be me.Crappola! Guess we're not doing the meet this year. Car wise you're doing a bit worse than me.At least you still have your health. I'm minus a few ounces of heart valve tissue.
CaptTractor

Post by CaptTractor »

Quote, originally posted by Celtic_Curse »Well I just got hit again!!! I just got the car back and this time at a red light the driver infront of me had the car in reverse for some reason and when the light turned green guess where his bumper ended up. The drivers in this town are ridiculous!! Sucks to be me.Come to Winnipeg...when i first moved here in '94, Winnipeggers voted themselves the worse drivers. Second move in '01 proved that they didn't bother improving themselves. Here are just a few 'pegger gaffs:1. Flashing green arrows - wait until it turns yellow and THEN go2. during rush hour - curb lane, just stop, park and get out3. stop signs - ???? apparently they are just a suggestion4. cutting ppl off - i believe its a sport here5. accidents - so many we pay some of the highest insurance in Canada...and its gov't. Not like good ol' Alberta...can't wait to go back.6. Cops don't bother coming to accidents (unless outside donut shops) - too busy fighting crime.the list could go on and on.....
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Herb is your your car fixed now?
Herb

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by Celtic_Curse »Herb is your your car fixed now?Pretty much. Dealer still waiting on a roof rack gasket, and there has to be some adjustments but overall done.They brought in someone to custom cut the inlay/overlays I had, not really all that well done in my opinion though.How's yours?
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Finally fixed. It took two trips to get it fixed right.
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Still interested in Spring. Gonna add the mid gate spoiler in black and maybe get the side graphics put back on. I don't know though I think I need to upgrade the clutch though too.Another good year for mods and driving. What are you all planning to do?
kunkstyle

Post by kunkstyle »

New rims. New bumper (stock) and hopefully getting my stupid camshaft positioner CEL fixed.
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Forgot new windshield too.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Summer's coming up, anybody still around?
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Still here and lurking. I'm up in Red Deer all the time.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Well if I see your Vibe driving around, I'll be sure to honk! I'm moving down to Calgary pretty soon! Closer to the mountains!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
Herb

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by Herb »

I'm still lurking around myself. Speaking of the mountains, I saw an 03 GT Abyss in Canmore on Monday.