Tsawwassen man wins free vibe for a year

Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan
joatmon

Tsawwassen man wins free vibe for a year

Post by joatmon »

http://www.southdeltaleader.co...91598Quote » Living large for a yearBy Kyle SlavinContributorMay 25 2007Tsawwassen plumber one of three big winners in Air Miles contestMaybe pulling out your Air Miles card is worth the hassle the next time you’re at the grocery store—it was for Robert Townsend.The Tsawwassen resident didn’t even know he entered an Air Miles contest—even to this day he doesn’t know how he entered—until he learned he won their “Live Free for a Year” contest.“It was still hard to believe, even after the uncertainty wore off,” said Townsend. “It’s still hard to believe.”On Wednesday he picked up a 2007 Pontiac Vibe from Dueck Lansdowne Pontiac—Townsend’s new set of wheels for the next 365 days.Along with the leased vehicle, he won a home theatre system, mortgage coverage from BMO, as well as gift cards for groceries, gas and air travel.According to the company running the contest, the entire package is worth $47,000.And that made Townsend’s doubts understandable.“Initially, I got a phone call telling me I had won, and I was quite skeptical,” recalled Townsend. “There’s a lot of scams going around these days.”It was only until he was signing the release forms that he truly believed he was a winner.“The first inkling that this was real was the prepaid Purolator envelope they sent with the release forms. A lot of the scams require you to put in some seed money to get your prize, but they paid for everything.”Townsend has lived and worked as a plumber in South Delta for 35 years, and said he’s looking forward to living free for the next year.He said he uses the Air Miles reward program quite regularly, and his newfound lifestyle—at least for a year—isn’t going to change that.“I use it quite a bit every month,” said Townsend. “Probably 90 per cent of our purchases are done on Air Miles.”He’s one of only three Canadians who won the contest—along with Kamal Selvarajah from Quebec and Andrew Cousin of Whitby, Ontario.Townsend said he’s most excited about the car and the near-certainty of a vacation sometime in the next 365 days, but he’s not sure where he wants to travel.“We haven’t really discussed that at all yet. Maybe we’ll couple what we won with some of the Air Miles we’ve accumulated over the years.” "BIG WINNER—Robert Townsend will not need his wallet for the next 12 months after winning a prize package from Air Miles that included the use of a brand new Pontiac Vibe. Kyle Slavin photo"-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-So what is an Air Miles contest?
ajflan

Re: Tsawwassen man wins free vibe for a year (joatmon)

Post by ajflan »

That sucks to have that all taken away after a year.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
Herb

Re: Tsawwassen man wins free vibe for a year (joatmon)

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »So what is an Air Miles contest? Air Miles is a rewards point program that vendors and other services provide with purchases.I collect AM as well but I don't shop exclusively at AM vendors.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

must be nice!!
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop