Ventshade Hood Deflector

Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan
shane_c

Ventshade Hood Deflector

Post by shane_c »

I should be picking up my '06 Vibe next week. I checked with Canadian Tire and they have Ventshade hood deflectors for $69. They don't have them for the '06 yet but will one from an '05 fit? Does anyone have any products from Ventshade? What sort of quality are they?
2006 Vibe (base) - Platinum Silver, 5 spd, ABS, Power Package, Infinity Speakers, Dynomax muffler, Cosmo SR intake - SOLD
Mavrik

Re: Ventshade Hood Deflector (shane_c)

Post by Mavrik »

The Vibe has not changed its overall shape since it was created in 2002 with 03 models. You can get 03 ones to fit in fact so definatly 05 ones will fit your 06.also as for quality, Ventshade is very good. You can even buy them at Wal-Mart. Might be cheaper there.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

i had a carflector made by ventshade on my 03 VGT. it really did nothing for sparing the windshield or hood unfortunately.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mavrik

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by Mavrik »

I've never seen a bug deflector save a windshield from rocks... I want lasors on my car
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
chrisp

Post by chrisp »

I have the Weathertech deflector. It uses screws that attatch to existing holes in the hood. A marvel of German engineering it paid for itself the first day. A large rock thrown up from a truck hit the car ahead of me and came after me . It hit the deflecter. http://www.weathertech.com/sto..._id=0The window vent deflectors are great also. They fit into the window chanal instead of using tape. A flawless fit ! http://www.weathertech.com/sto..._id=0If you get a base without cruise you can get the switch from MnR electronics . $148. A 10 minute install.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

i dunno, i had a rock nail my windshield after only 14 days! even with the carflector on there.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
viberationz

Post by viberationz »

I agree - I can't see them preventing anything. I still remember the first big rock that hit the windshield - I was in the passengers seat of my Vibe going across the bridge and a semi threw me a big one - hitting right infront of me - scared the sh*t outta' me - nearly cried when I seen the damage it did. Amazingly went to the glass shop and got it filled - now it just looks like a normal sized rock hit it. Almost time for new windshield anyways - I've got 50,000KM on this one.
'03 Monotone Black Vibe GT5% Tint, 147.7DB System, Pioneer AVIC-N1, 2G Wiring, Red Calipers, APC Race Seats, Red Interior Accents, 'Big' Breaks, 1 Big fart can out back, 18" Platinum XCess Wheels, Federal SS595 Tires
shane_c

Re: Ventshade Hood Deflector (viberationz)

Post by shane_c »

Thanks for the replies. I picked one up at C-Tire for $67. I realize it won't really protect my windshield that much. I want it mainly to keep chips off the end of the hood.
2006 Vibe (base) - Platinum Silver, 5 spd, ABS, Power Package, Infinity Speakers, Dynomax muffler, Cosmo SR intake - SOLD
Round

Post by Round »

How do you like the Ventshade? Now that you have had it a couple of months.
shane_c

Re: (Round)

Post by shane_c »

Seems to work pretty good. I haven't had too many bugs on my windshield but I haven't driven out in K-country with it. I like how it doesn't touch the hood and you don't need to use any of the sticky rubber stops on the hood. It also looks nice and I'm sure kept a few rock chips for the edge of the hood.
Herb

Post by Herb »

It's good for protecting the leading edge of the hood, not a heck of a lot more.That being said though, I am happy with mine.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Just replaced my windshield and just took two more hits gotta replace the whole thing again.Oh yeah I have a deflector does notin' for me...what we need is better street cleaning.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
chizel08

Post by chizel08 »

this really make sense to me, i had this auto ventshade accessories, that will customized, protect and add function to my ride and give my car a whole new attitude.