My terribe experience with Saskatoon Wal-Mart( Confed )...

Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan
huy397

My terribe experience with Saskatoon Wal-Mart( Confed )...

Post by huy397 »

Continued from here...http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id ... ---------I was at Wal-mart today to mount my existing Blizzak WS-50 winter tires onto a set of new steel rims that I am buying from Wal-mart and here's what I experienced in a chronicle order...1. on Tuesday, I call to make an appointment at the Wal-Mart Preston Crossing and the guy told me "we are booked solid till next Friday" and hung up on me... yes, the guy hung up on me. Luckily, I called the Confed Wal-Mart and was able to get an appointment for 10am on FRI NOV 11 2005.( fastward to Nov 11 )2. Today, Nov 11... I took my winter tires to Wal-Mart and told them explicitly I wanted to mount the winter tires onto a set of new rims from their shelf... the lady replied the work will take approx 1.5 hour.(away I go to get some Mickey D breatfast... )3. At noon, I went back to get my Vibe and only to find out they're having difficulty with another vehicle and the mechanic working on my Vibe is a newbie....I was told it is going to take longer...( went into the mall to get some food... BTW Confed mall sucks )4. At 1pm and 2pm... I was told the same thing as before that I needed to wait "a bit" longer.5. At 3pm ( yes, 4 hours later ), the work is finally done and I found out they only mounted my winter tires onto my existing alloys because they "didn't know" I needed new steelies, in fact, they didn't even have them in stock!!( The lady I spoke to is off work by now, so there's no one to confirm or deny )at this point... I was forced to pay $36 for the wrong work performed on my Vibe. Fortunately, the Wal-Mart @ Prestion Crossing had the steelies I wanted and I have to go there to get the work corrected(why couldn't someone deliever the rims? why do I have to make an extra trip ? )6. By 4:30, I am @ the Preston Crossing Wal-Mart and they wanted to charge me again for the change-over for taking my winter tires off the alloys, mounting them onto the new steelies and mounting the stock tires back to the stock alloy. Basically, I was told to pay to get them to fix their screw-ups!This is when I demanded to speak with the manager and he still insisted on having me pay for those extra work even though it was their mistake to begin with. As I raised my voice more and more and the line-up keep on getting longer... he finally came around and decided to make thing right...the steelies were sold @ 10% off, I got one pack of lugs free and the final change overs were free as well.7. at 6pm, I am home. Yes... I spend my entire day between the two Wal-Marts today.To make things even worse, I found out from the nice mechanice at Wal-Mart (Preston Crossing, whose name started with a "B"... nice guy ) that my winter tires were mounted wrong today @ the other Wal-Mart! The directions were wrong on the rear tires!! There's my rant... thanks for reading.I hate Wal-Mart!
Car: 2003 Two tone Base Frosty Vibe, Automatic, Safety & Security Package, Power Package and 16" alloys with 16" Blizzaks for winterNavigation: HP iPAQ 2210 + LeadTek 9537 BT GPS + iGuidance V2.1.1 + German-D mount.http://www.howardforums.comYour Mobile Phone Community & Resource
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

I hate Wal Mart too!Let's band together brotha! Seriously though, your experience mega-sucks. I think I'll leave my work to my dealership...they've never led me astray...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
binary

Post by binary »

I was curious why you went past step 1. -hang up- and you call back? Oh, n/m I re-read your story. You called a different wal-mart. Sorry... Still, wal-mart sucks. It's arguably the worst thing the U.S. has done to the world... GwB is a close second.I consider myself lucky to live in a town that has a great alignment shop that treats me like a customer - not a problem.
huy397

Re: (binary)

Post by huy397 »

Quote, originally posted by binary »I was curious why you went past step 1. -hang up- and you call back? Oh, n/m I re-read your story. You called a different wal-mart. Sorry... Still, wal-mart sucks. It's arguably the worst thing the U.S. has done to the world... GwB is a close second.I consider myself lucky to live in a town that has a great alignment shop that treats me like a customer - not a problem.I have been asking myself that same questions all day today too...The answer? Well... I am a cheap@$$ and Wal-Mart was cheaper, that's why I went there... my other choice was Candian Tire ( chain store in Canada ) and the rims are $10 a piece and installation is more expensive too.Of course, I could've bought the rims and had my usual mechanic install them for them for me... after all he did sell me the Blizzaks and did all my change overs for the past 2 years.Problem here? he's away on holiday...
Car: 2003 Two tone Base Frosty Vibe, Automatic, Safety & Security Package, Power Package and 16" alloys with 16" Blizzaks for winterNavigation: HP iPAQ 2210 + LeadTek 9537 BT GPS + iGuidance V2.1.1 + German-D mount.http://www.howardforums.comYour Mobile Phone Community & Resource
redlava

Re: (huy397)

Post by redlava »

That's why I don't get auto work done at the same place that I can buy underwear and a toaster. Screw Wal-mart.
scherry2

Re: (redlava)

Post by scherry2 »

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by huy397 »I have been asking myself that same questions all day today too...The answer? Well... I am a cheap@$$ and Wal-Mart was cheaper, that's why I went there... my other choice was Candian Tire ( chain store in Canada ) and the rims are $10 a piece and installation is more expensive too.Of course, I could've bought the rims and had my usual mechanic install them for them for me... after all he did sell me the Blizzaks and did all my change overs for the past 2 years.Problem here? he's away on holiday...Sometimes the going cheap is not the best - you get what you pay for as they say. My bf likes to buy cheap, and things usually break or fall apart and then you gotta replace them. I prefer just to spend my my on quality the first time, so as to avoid replacing items a month later. He thinks I spend too much money. Oh well! He's got his system, I've got mine!
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
Mavrik

Re: (Sputnik)

Post by Mavrik »

I broke into the automotive scene at wal-mart. Thats where I got my start and let me tell you if there was one thing I learned (and I learned a lot) NEVER GO TO WAL-MART for auto WORK!The shop is filled with uneducated minimum pay employees who are well in the understanding that they are not mechanics and their importants to Wal-Mart is ZERO. They can be fired at any given notice over any given thing and their motivation is non existant. Now some employees there do have some auto education... such as myself who took automotive through out highschool and have worked on cars before that. But most employees are teens who know little about cars and could care less what happens to yours.And not to make myself sound like the best wal-mart automotive employee they ever had, I'll tell you how I left. I was fired after 2 accident free years after having a car drive off the drive on hoist with the car door open, catching it on the hoist pillor on the way by and bending it the wrong way. It was not intended but I was backing up the car, stopped it for a moment to check something, drove it forward and throught it was in park when I climbed out... well it was in reverse but by the time I had hopped in and put my foot on the brake it was to late. Heck Wal-mart security even had it on tape which I never got to see... 4 hours later after me sitting around waiting for judgement, I was fired for not following safety regulations... which was not having someone guide me out of the shop as I backed up.Well I'd have run them over if they had been there and it would not have closed the car door either if someone had been back there... Oh well.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Celtic_Curse

Re: (scherry2)

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Quote, originally posted by scherry2 »here ya gohttp://www.walmartmovie.com/teaser_qhi.phpThose are just special interest groups tooting their horn about the sorrows of Wal-Mart.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

i may purchase items there, but would NEVER allow any walmart employee to touch my car in any way!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Celtic_Curse

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by Celtic_Curse »

I will if they break it I know they can afford to fix it. i have yet to have a bad experience with them.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
huy397

Re: (Celtic_Curse)

Post by huy397 »

Lesson learned... thanks guys I shall post some pics later today when I get my Vibe out of the garage.
huy397

Post by huy397 »

Update: The "District Manager" called yesterday to apologize and offered me a $25 gift card for my inconvenience. At least they tried to make thing right, although I asked him to fire those idiots. pics as promised:
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

only $25? I'd politely turn it down and tell him I am a unhappy disatisfied wal-mart customer and he needs to try better to fix the situation. Wal-Mart takes great pride in their customer satisfaction.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page